My Relationship With Media

While I am but no means a tech savvy, mac wielding, living Apple promotion, I'm still a 15 year old living in 2018. Interactions with media in this era, to an extent, are inevitable. Culturally having an online presence is status quo, and I'm guilty of participating in social media on various platforms, my personal favorite being Instagram. This is the most significant way in which I interact with media, since it exposes me to a plethora of content in a relatively confined time allotment. On a day to day basis social media platforms are most likely what exposes me to media most readily; since I don't really watch T.V., read magazines, or listen to the radio which in my opinion are the most popular source of exposure to media. In my opinion I wish technology existed only sparingly, and that being submerged in the world of media was a personal choice as opposed to a mandate. Ideally I wouldn't need or own a phone, but realistically our culture is advancing so much so to where we have to compete on every possible playing field. Because of that competition, I do feel like the media influences some of my decisions and inadvertently has molded my morals. Media if nothing else is another mean of connecting myself culturally to the masses of people with aligned ideals. 

Comments

  1. Do you think that you could survive without media in this day and age?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it is possible, but I also believe that media is too ingrained in our society for a person to fully engage with our culture without it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts